Friday, February 18, 2011

I Made You A Mix CD

Sometimes, I get a little too inundated with suck.

Life sucks a bit right now. I'm super broke, and am going to move back home to save money. I'm behind on bills. I'm having stomach problems and am constantly shaky like I'm on caffeine (when I'm not). My dreams are weird, I'm trying to find homes for the last rats despite not wanting to give them up, and I'm still not getting enough hours at work.

Despite all this, I'm tired of everything being so depressing.

I have friends who never, ever, ever write anything happy, and it really bums me out and paints them in a sort of bitter, cynical, world-hating light. I understand that blogs and such are there for people to vent and cry and everything like that, and I'm not knocking that at all. I'm just so tired of being anxious and I can't seem to leave it behind.

I pick up on people around me, and on things I read. The more depressing things get, the more depressed I get. I get even more stressed and anxious and I stop sleeping and I eat half a Large bag of Peanut Butter M&Ms and then get sicker and hate myself and urghhwvtibvyqkrclnej.

So now, as I tend to do when I hear people are depressed, I make a mixed CD for them. Since I can't physically make everyone a mix-CD, I am going to provide a list of "SMILE DAMMIT" music for you. Enjoy it, and enjoy your extended weekend, US-dwellers who get national holidays off.

Janelle Monae - Tightrope
Christopher Tin - Baba Yetu
Hanson - Thinking 'Bout Something
Cee Lo Green - Fuck You (NSFW)
Celtic Woman - Spanish Lady
Florence and the Machine - Dog Days Are Over
Green Leaves - Yatta
Maroon 5 - Kiwi (NSFW)
La Roux - Not Your Toy
Lily Allen - Knock 'Em Out
Plain White Tees - Rhythm of Love
Sniper Twins - Computer Friends
Michael Franti & Spearhead - Say Hey (I Love You)

2 comments:

  1. Needs more Mika and more Cherry Filter.
    Mika - We Are Golden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEhutIEUq8k
    Cherry Filter - Flying Duck: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpWpLa9bWaA

    ReplyDelete
  2. =)

    (see, you made at least one of the grouchy cynical bloggers smile)

    ReplyDelete